Lemon chicken is perfect at this time of the year and this recipe is a winner in my books.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts or thighs (you may only need 2 if they are large size)
- 1 ¼ cups of lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
1. Place chicken pieces in a shallow dish and pour over the lemon. For best flavour, leave overnight to marinade. If time is short marinade for at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 180C. Take chicken out of lemon juice, keeping aside the lemon juice for use later.
3. In a plastic bag combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts 1 at a time in the bag and shake until they are well covered in flour mix.
4. Place chicken pieces in baking tray and sprinkle over some of the lemon juice to wet the breasts. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. While chicken is baking, whisk together the reserved lemon juice, chicken stock, brown sugar and lemon slices.
6. Take the chicken out of oven when 15 minutes is up and pour over the lemon mixture. Sprinkle with mixed herbs.
7. Bake for another 10-20 minutes until chicken is cooked. Serve with baked potatoes and green veggies.