Over chocolate? Didn’t think so!!!
The recipes are all from the new book Sweet Nourish written by acclaimed food and nutrition writer Louise Keats, and she shared a recipe with us here.
And would you believe, this book is all about recipes using “hidden” fruit, veggies and whole grains. This recipe, for one, tastes like a scandalous treat but in actual fact is kinda, pretty good for you. So here goes…
Makes 6 portions
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 400 g avocado (approx. 3 avocados), flesh only
- 120 g coconut cream
- 100 g pure maple syrup
- 30 g raw cacao powder (see Tips)
- fresh raspberries, to serve
- whipped cream, yoghurt or coconut yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- Place chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 8.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then melt 3 min/60°C/speed 2 or until melted.
- Add avocado, coconut cream, syrup and cacao and blend 10 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and blend 20 sec/speed 6.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and blend 15 sec/speed 6 or until smooth and creamy. Transfer into 6 serving glasses and serve topped with raspberries and whipped cream (optional).
Note: if you don’t have a Thermomix you can achieve a similar effect melting the chocolate and transferring to a mixer.
If you don’t have any raw cacao on hand, you can use regular cocoa powder instead.