This NESTLÉ caramel slice is the perfect little treat! It's easy to make so you'll have more time to sit back, relax and devour them with your favourite drink! For more yummy recipes from tastyrecipes.co.nz click here!
|1 1/2 cups flour|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|1/2 cup brown sugar|
|125 g unsalted butter, melted|
|1 can HIGHLANDER Sweetened Condensed Milk, 395g|
|2 tbsp golden syrup|
|1 tbsp unsalted butter|
|150 g NESTLÉ Cooking Chocolate, broken into pieces|
|50 g unsalted butter|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 17cm x 30cm sponge roll pan with baking paper.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and brown sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in the melted butter. Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
1. Combine the HIGHLANDER Sweetened Condensed Milk, golden syrup and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, until boiling. Continue to cook for 5 minutes, while stirring constantly.
2. Spread the filling mixture over the base, then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Place in the pan on a wire rack to cool.
1. Place the NESTLÉ Cooking Chocolate and butter in a bowl. Bring a small quantity of water to the boil in a saucepan, remove from the heat and place the bowl firmly on top. Stir until the chocolate and butter melt. Spread the icing over the cooled filling.
2. Chill until the chocolate is set, then cut into bars or squares using a warm knife. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.