These NESTLÉ beetle bug treats are so cute and they taste delicious! If you're looking for a fun recipe to try then give these a go! We found this recipe at tastyrecipes.co.nz, for more yummy recipes click here!
|125 g unsalted butter, softened|
|3/4 cup caster sugar|
|1/2 tsp vanilla essence|
|1 1/2 cups white self-raising flour, sifted|
|3/4 cup milk|
|3 cups icing sugar sifted|
|1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened|
|2 tbsp hot water|
|1-2 drops food colouring|
|1 cup NESTLÉ Dark Melts, melted|
|1/2 cup NESTLÉ White CHOC BITS|
|1 tsp silver cachous (silver balls)|
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease or lightly spray the cups of 2 x 12 cup patty pans with canola spray.
2. Add butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and using an electric beater cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla essence and beat to combine.
3. Add flour and milk and beat on a low speed until just mixed through. Be careful not to over-mix when the flour has been added as this can make the cakes tough.
4. Spoon mixture into the prepared patty pans and bake for 12-14 minutes until golden. Remove from pans and cool on a wire rack.
1. When the cakes are cool, combine all the icing ingredients to create the desired colour for your beetle (red, yellow or orange make great ladybird beetles).
1. Spread the icing over the rounded side of each cake. Use NESTLÉ Dark Melts to draw wings, head and other parts of the beetles, NESTLÉ White CHOC BITS for spots and cachous for eyes. Allow the icing to set before serving.