Light, healthy and oh so tasty, this easy to throw together soup is one to add to the recipe book.
You can adjust the ingredients portions to suit your taste, but don’t play it too safe! The combination of the tangy lime, along with the chilli’s is like a rock concert in your mouth, full on but you’ll want to go back for more.
|2||cooked chicken breasts, shredded|
|1||tbsp||extra virgin olive oil|
|1||large||white onion, chopped|
|5||garlic cloves, minced|
|1||avocado, pitted, peeled and diced|
|1/2||cup||feta cheese, crumbled|
3. Add the onion to the pan and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Add the broth, water, lime juice and shredded chicken to the pan.
6. Increase the heat to high and bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover partially and simmer for about 10 minutes.
7. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with diced avocado, crumbled feta, tortilla chips and jalapeño chilli’s.
8. Squeeze in extra lime juice to your preferred taste.