You just can’t beat a fresh-out-of-the-oven homemade pie on a cold, winter’s night. However, that extra bit of padding IS something we could do without!
We’ve teamed up with Terry from Meat Cuisine to help bring you a healthier version of your favourite comfort food.
Meat Cuisine offer the finest range of lean cut meats – so not only is it better for you, you taste the difference too.
The extra lean Premium Beef Mince contains less that 5% fat which is why we’ve picked it for this tasty mince pie recipe!
Plus you can buy online and Meat Cuisine deliver Auckland wide.
TIP – Make this meal even better for you by replacing the pastry with a couple sheets of Filo or mashed potato.
|Tasty Cheese, sliced|
|500||grams||Meat Cuisine Beef Mince|
|2||cloves||Garlic, finely chopped|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Heat oil over moderate heat in a deep frying pan and add the onion, carrot, mushrooms and garlic. Fry until onion is soft and clear.
3. Add the mince, turn up the heat and fry, breaking up the lumps, until the mince is browned.
4. Mix in the flour and tomato paste then add the beef stock. Simmer 10 minutes.Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Lightly grease pie-dish then cut pastry to size and line. Pour in mince mixture.
6. Top with slices of tasty cheese then remaining pastry. Then brush top with beaten egg.
7. Bake pie in pre-heated oven for 30min or until pastry rises and is crispy.