These quiches are simple to make and perfect for breakfast on the go.
This particular recipe uses lots of veggies and turkey bacon to keep the ‘em lower in fat than your typical quiche. However, I promise they’re still delicious and packed with flavor (it’s steaming the spinach with the bacon and onion that does it!).
|4||cups||spinach leaves, roughly chopped (I used a full packet)|
|2/3||cups||shredded cheddar cheese|
|salt and pepper (to taste)|
1. Preheat oven to 190° and grease a regular muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Chop onions and spinach leaves roughly (removing stalks)
3. Layer 1/2 the bacon in the pan and cook on one side. As you’re turning the bacon, add 1/2 the onions and 1/2 the spinach to the pan. Cover and allow to steam until the spinach wilts and the bacon is cooked.
4. Remove from pan, separating the bacon from the onions, and repeat step 3 with the remaining bacon, onions and spinach.
5. For the bacon, chop it up roughly. With the spinach and onions, pat try with a paper towel to remove excess water. The amount of water you remove at this stage will affect the amount of water retained in the quiches, so make sure you attempt to remove as much as possible (without drying it out completely).
6. Layer the bacon, onions, chopped spinach, broccoli and cheese into the muffin cups. Cups should be nearly full with veggies and cheese.
7. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasonings until smooth and slightly frothy. Pour over the vegetables, filling the muffin cups about 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 25–30 minutes, until the tops are slightly puffed and golden.