They looked to cute to ignore, however the recipe/website was completely in Portuguese!! and there was not enough pictures to try and wing it. So this is why Google is so great! it has a translate tab! (I ♥ Google) See below for recipe . . . .
For the ‘Burger Bun’
- 1 and 1 / 2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 / 2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- drops of vanilla
- 1 / 2 cup canola oil or sunflower
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place 12 paper muffin cups in a form for muffins or pies.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside less.
- Add the sugar, yogurt, whole eggs and vanilla and mix well until thoroughly uniform. Add the flour mixture and stir, until blended. Then add the oil and incorporate gently with a large spatula.
- Place dough in prepared muffin cups, filling only halfway. Sprinkle a bit of sesame seeds and bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, or until they pass the toothpick test. Remove from pan and cool on a rack until warm. Remove the paper muffin cups.
For the ‘Meat Pattie’
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 / 4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 / 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 220g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1 / 4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Butter and flour a 20x30cm baking dish.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, salt and yeast. Reserve.
- In a heat resistant bowl, melt in a double boiler (or microwave at 30 second intervals) the chocolate and butter. Mix sugar and eggs, one at a time. Add the flour mixture and mix gently until smooth.
- Proceed to the prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes (stick a toothpick, is ready when go out with crumbs clinging). Let cool.
- powdered sugar
- gel colors green, yellow and red gem
For the “cheese“ a dye portion of the fondant with a few drops of the yellow dye. Knead well, roll out with a rolling pin on a surface dusted with powdered sugar. Cut square with the help of a knife or pizza cutter.
For the “lettuce“ dye a portion of the fondant with green dye. Rol to very thin slices and cut with the help of a round cookie cutter. Press edges with fingers to irregular shape.
For the “ketchup“ mix the sweet milk with red food coloring until desired color. Place in a plastic bag and cut the tip to use.
For the “meat” with the help of a round cookie cutter, cut the brownie slices carefully.
Cut the vanilla muffins in half and assemble the burgers as you like.
Looks like a lot of Fun! What other novelty Cupcakes have you come accross?