1 cup Epsom salts*
1/2 cup kosher salts
1 meduim size, freezer-grade re-sealable plastic bag
Jar, for storage
*Tip: Find Epsom salts at your local supermarket in the health and beauty aisle or a local pharmacy..
**Tip: You can purchase a variety of essential oils, like lavender or eucalyptus, at your local craft or natural food store. Or use vanilla, lemon or mint extract that might be in your kitchen!
- Place both salts into the plastic bag.
- Add one drop of food coloring, close the bag and shake to distribute color. Repeat this process until the desired color is achieved throughout the salt.*
- Add a couple drops of essential oil to the bag, seal and shake to distribute the scent. Repeat this process until the desired scent is achieved, about 5-10 drops.
- Spread out the salts on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and allow them to dry for 1-2 hours to reduce clumping
- Carefully pour the salts into the jar with a funnel, then screw the lid tightly to preserve the scent.
*Tip: It’s important to add only one drop of food coloring at a time because multiple drops may begin to melt the salt.
Tip: Use a seashell or decorative tablespoon for the perfect scoop! Attach it to the lid with a ribbon, add a decorative label and you have a thoughtful gift