Top Five Songs for New Beginnings
Embarking on a ‘new beginning’ or ‘fresh start’ is no easy feat.
It takes drive, dedication, passion and the right mentality. To help you find the strength to turn over a new leaf, I’ve compiled a list of five songs sure to get you in the groove…
1. I’m Walking Away – Craig David: Before you can embark on a new beginning you have to let go of the past. This track makes you want to turn your back on all the negative aspects of your life in search of something better.
2. Lose Yourself – Eminem: Granted this rapper is not everyone’s first choice of role model, but this song is all about losing yourself in the moment and making the most of every opportunity … who could argue with that?
3. I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor: This 1978 classic is the epitome of girl power anthems. Whether you are having a major life overhaul after a nasty break-up or simply embarking on a new fitness regime, it’s sure to ignite some fire in your belly.
4. I Believe I Can Fly – R Kelly: Sometimes in order to move forward in life all you need is some self-confidence. This track will inspire you into believing you are capable of almost anything.
5. Closing Time – Semisonic: This song is about the closing of one chapter of your life and the opening of another. It makes this list for its classic lyric: “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end” … say no more!