Itchy, dry and irritated skin is never fun. But did you know your diet and lifestyle could be impacting the condition of your skin?
Inspired by the new NIVEA Sensitive Protect Deodorant range, we bring you the six superfoods you should add to your shopping list to help beat the signs of sensitive skin.
The new formulation of NIVEA’s deodorant is particularly sensitive to your skin, while offering effective and reliable anti-perspirant protection.
Now, back to these superfoods. A superfood contains an extremely large variety of vitamins and minerals or health boosting elements.
These foods can not only lower your risk of developing certain chronic diseases, they’re also really good for your skin.
Discover six superfoods to add to your shopping list here…
Superfood #1: Avocado
- Rich source of vitamin E which is an antioxidant that fights free-radicals that promote the ageing of skin
- Vitamin E also aids tissue recovery
- Boosts the immune system
- Rich in omega fatty acids which help protect your brain and your heart
Superfood #2: Carrots
- High in Antioxidants, Beta Carotenes, Retinol, Vitamin K, C and B6 which are good for your health and your skin
- For example, Vitamin A derived from Beta Carotene is required for developing and maintaining skin cells
- Boosts the immune system
- A powerful antioxidant that removes free radicals
Superfood #3: Chamomile Tea
- Has a skin protective and repairing effect
- Contains antioxidants that control free radicals that damage living cells
- Has also been said to have a calming effect
- Reduces stress
Superfood #4: Oats
- High in calcium, potassium, magnesium, Vitamin E, B Vitamins and proteins
- Oats contain proteins and lipids that help cleanse, moisturise and soothe the skin.
Superfood #5: Salmon
- Great source of omega-3 fatty acid which helps keep skin moisturised
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids act as an antioxidant to combat free radicals
- Rich in Vitamin D which keeps bones and teeth healthy.
Superfood #6: Tomatoes
- Contain lycopene, an anti-ageing antioxidant.
- Loaded with vitamins C, E, B Vitamins and iron and potassium which are all important for healthy skin
- Applying tomatoes to the face is also believed to tighten skin pores and provide relief from skin irritations.
Next time you get the groceries, remember to pick up these superfoods which are good for you and your sensitive skin.
While you’re there, pick up the new NIVEA Sensitive Protect Deodorant with soothing avocado oil and chamomile extract. Free of alcohol, colourants and preservatives it gives you effective protection without the irritation.
Find NIVEA Sensitive Protect Deodorant at all major retailers nationwide from $4.89 for the 50ml Roll On and $5.89 for the 150mL Aerosol.
What superfoods do you eat?
Do you have sensitive skin?
Will you be trying the new NIVEA Sensitive Protect Deodorant?