Valerie Adams is one kick ass nzgirl, and one who definitely deserves our support at the moment.
Nike has created a fun way for you to do just that (plus be in to win prizes)!
It’s called #runforval and it’s pretty self explanatory. You simply go for a run (or walk) in the shape of a ‘V’ using the Nike+ Running app and share your course on Facebook with the hashtag #runforval.
The idea is to get lots of different ‘V’ shapes uploaded from all over the country to the Nike+ Mission – Run for Val event page to show Valerie just how much support she has back home!
Nike will be rewarding the top ‘V’ posts on the Facebook Events Page.
Here at nzgirl, Jo and Nic went for the first official #runforval on Thursday morning. Here’s their ‘V’ – can YOU do better?
So, what do you need to do?
- Sign up to the Nike+ community here.
- Download the free Nike+ Running app on your iPhone or Android.
- Chuck on your trainers and go for a run in the shape of a ‘V’ using the Nike+ Running app.
- Take a photo of your course on the app and then upload it to the Nike+ Mission – Run for Val page with the hashtag #runforval
- And you’re done!
Not quite sure where to run?
Nike has that covered too. The Nike+ Running Club has planned several fun runs that are in the shape of a ‘V’ in Auckland from 4-8 August. You should definitely head along if you’re in the area…
- Saturday 4th August – 9.00am – Nike Britomart, 57 Tyler St, Auckland
- Sunday 5th August – 10.00am – Cnr Tamaki Drive and Long Drive, Saint Heliers
- Monday 6th August – 6.30pm – Nike Newmarket, 242 Broadway, Newmarket
- Tuesday 7th August – 6.30pm – Auckland location to be announced (check Facebook for updates)
- Wednesday 8 August – 6.00pm – Nike Britomart, 57 Tyler St, Auckland
If you’re outside of Auckland the world is your oyster – get creative and make up your own ‘V’ course.
The Nike+ community has over 40,000 NZ members and growing! It’s no surprise either, it’s a great tool to help inspire and motivate you to get out there and get fit.
Will you #runforval?