Wow! I just had the most thorough, nurturing and relaxing massage of my life. It was Thai massage with Ann Kanchanakphant (pictured below) at Enrich Massage Ponsonby thanks to the gals at Flossie. Ann has been doing and receiving Thai massage for as long as she can remember. It was integral to her life growing up in Bangkok, and training in this ancient therapy was the natural next step for her.
Then, when Ann emigrated to New Zealand, she undertook a diploma in massage therapy, so she now has the gift of bringing together Thai massage, “acupressure, Indian Ayurvedic principles, and assisted yoga postures”, as well as massage therapy, to create her unique and very special Thai massage.
Ann says Thai massage is perfect for everyone, from athletes, people with paralysis or degenerative diseases like MS, to tight-shouldered office workers, mum’s carrying a baby around all day, through to the elderly needing movement in their muscles and joints, and she tailors her treatment specifically to treat everyone’s needs.
By restoring the flow of energy throughout the body, a thai massage will:
- Increase flexibility
- Increase range of motion and suppleness
- Improve athletic performance and daily movement function
- Aid mental clarity and a sense of well being
- Significantly increase energy levels
See My Thai Massage in Pictures
As a single gal who lives alone, being touched is very much off the agenda (although I do tend to hug everyone I meet…), so this experience was even more amazing for me. The strength and power of Ann’s controlled manipulation and touch was almost overwhelming (people have been said to cry during therapy as the energy unblocks and moves around). I felt like I was in my body again. I was stretched, had my feet manipulated, massaged and “unblocked” (a few “Ow!” moments in there, which we termed “sweet pain”), and my tummy gurgled in response. But I love, love, loved it and am definitely planning to go back…. not just for the red echinacea tea!
Grab Our Exclusive nzgirl Flossie VIP special here!
Rediscover your body all over again with this most heavenly of Thai massages with Ann at Enrich Massage Therapy. Book your incredible one-hour experience on your smartphone here. Seriously, your body will love you for it! And see all the Flossie treatments you could treat yourself to, here.
Want More #flossiefriday Faves?
Get more of our Flossie treatment faves here:
- How To Discover Your Balayage Babeliciousness
- How To Go From Balayage to Platinum Blonde and Look SMOKING!
- How to Refresh Winter Hair Without Getting the Chop
- Turn Up The Noise With Super Cali Fragilistic Nail Art!
- What Happened When We Got Botox!!
- Why You Need A Pro Makeup Artist This Summer
- This Facial Will Revolutionise Your Skin Health
- Get The Trending Celeb’s Facial Right Here in New Zealand
- I Had A Vaginal Steam And It Was Great!
- The Insider’s Guide to Brazilian Waxes PLUS Get Our VIP Code!
- Why Mobile Spray Tan is the Answer to Your Summer Tan Prayers
- Flossie’s Hottest 5 Salons for 2016
- How to Give The Gift of “Me Time” This Chrissie + WIN!
- How to Get Beauty Appointments When and Where You Want Them