Once there was eyelash perming, now there is eyelash lifting. This is the new and very much improved beauty service where, instead of curling the lashes, the beautician applies treatments to lift them upwards, and curls them back for a better, longer looking lash result. And yes, it really lasts – up to 4-6 weeks – and includes a lash tin. So this is the perfect alternative to a eyelash extensions, and it only takes 60 minutes to do.
First we put a small amount of water-based adhesive on a silicone pad and attach this to the eyelid. These come in two different sizes, small and medium. This just depends on the desired lift look.
We then put some of the water-based adhesive onto the top of the silicone pad. The lashes adhere to the silicone pad ensuring each lash is going in the same direction.
Applying the perming solution to the middle section of the eyelash. This will give the desired level of lift and curl. This will be left on for 10-15 minuets to set the solution.
Once the perming solution is on we then cover the lash area with some cling film and a towel.
After removing the perming solution, we then apply a generous amount of setting lotion to the middle section of the lash. This will set the lashes. This is left on to set for 10 minutes.
Again we cover the lash area with some cling film and a towel. After the 10 minutes we remove the cling film and towel. We then apply nourishing oil to rejuvenate the lashes, and gently removes the adhesive from the silicone pad.
The last step is to tint the lashes. This is done by putting a small tissue pad under both the top and bottom lashes. The eyelash tint is left on for 10 minutes.
Once you are all done the final result will give you a more open eyed look. And you don’t even need to wear any mascara.
What the Flossie fans say:
Grab our Exclusive nzgirl VIP special with Joan at Fleek Refined Beauty
Book here using your smartphone to grab our exclusive VIP special just for nzgirls and discover how amazing your natural lashes can be! When you book with Flossie for every lash life and tint booked, you’ll also receive a complimentary brow shape and tint. This fab beauty pamper usually costs $115, but you can grab it for just $75 – a savings of $40. Amazing!
Want More #flossiefriday Faves?
Get more of our Flossie treatment faves here:
- How To Discover Your Balayage Babeliciousness
- How To Go From Balayage to Platinum Blonde and Look SMOKING!
- How to Refresh Winter Hair Without Getting the Chop
- Turn Up The Noise With Super Cali Fragilistic Nail Art!
- This Facial Will Revolutionise Your Skin Health
- Get The Trending Celeb’s Facial Right Here in New Zealand
- What Happened When We Got Botox!!
- Why You Need A Pro Makeup Artist This Summer
- The Insider’s Guide to Brazilian Waxes PLUS Get Our VIP Code!
- Why Mobile Spray Tan is the Answer to Your Summer Tan Prayers
- Flossie’s Hottest 5 Salons for 2016
- How to Give The Gift of “Me Time” This Chrissie + WIN!
- How to Get Beauty Appointments When and Where You Want Them