Nail art is more swag than ever so to get your digits excited, we’ve found the 5 hottest nail trends you’ll want this winter PLUS 5 amazing nail artist’s Instagram accounts to follow.
I spoke to one of our fave nail artists Heather Vette to get the top trends reigning supreme in the decorative world of nail art. Heather says look out for nudes in high gloss and matte, and very dark colours, such a rich midnight blues and blacks, using texture and matte, as well as half moon cuticle art, and a fresh approach to the classic French manicure.
1. String Art
Heather says “you’ll see this trend everywhere”. It’s Picasso-esque free-flowing line drawings. Here’s another stylised version by Vanity Projects, and another here by So Hot Right Nail. Heather adds that she was inspired by this actual string art (pictured below) – yep, using wire – created by Unistella but is more practical and lasts longer, she says.
2. Lines + French Manicure With A Twist
This season is all about strong line work, says Heather, and when paired with a fresh approach to the French manicure the result is stunning. Here’s another line work version minus the French Manicure by So Hot Right Nail using metallic rose gold cuffs. And what’s not to love in this block colour line work by M.P. Nails?
3. Dark Matte + Piercings
Piercing and nail art has not been seen since the ’90s, but like all ’90s fashion, it’s back. Heather says it’s all about playing the strengths of dark matte nails and letting the piercings steal the show against the dramatic matte backdrop.
4. Half Moon Cuticle Detail
Accentuating the cuticle is an elegant yet playful modern look for your nails, and when paired with a modern twist on the French manicure it’s all class. Cuticle art is the perfect way to showcase gorgeous nails and experiment with metallics, texture and colour, like this playful art by Unistella (pictured below). Heather says she’s excited to experiment with different expressions of the French manicure.
5. Matte + Texture
The matte nail rules this season, says Heather, and looks magical in pale colours, ombre and rich darks. The nude below was inspired by the Himalayan Salt Lamp and includes texture paint detail with a matte overlay. And I’m loving this statement matte ombre look by So Hot Right Nail (pictured below).
Here’s our 5 HOTTEST fave Nail Artist to follow on Instagram
4. M.P. Nails
Want More #flossiefriday Faves?
Get more of our Flossie treatment faves here:
- 3 Hot Hair Colours To Brighten Up Your Winter
- That Day I Got Mermaid Unicorn Hair
- How To Discover Your Balayage Babeliciousness
- How To Go From Balayage to Platinum Blonde and Look SMOKING!
- How to Refresh Winter Hair Without Getting the Chop
- Celebrity Hair Artist Guy Tang Shares His No. 1 Hair Must-Have
- 5 Myths Of Laser Hair Removal Debunked
- Turn Up The Noise With Super Cali Fragilistic Nail Art!
- What Happened When We Got Botox!!
- Why You Need A Pro Makeup Artist This Summer
- This Facial Will Revolutionise Your Skin Health
- Get The Trending Celeb’s Facial Right Here in New Zealand
- 72,000 Reasons Your Bod Needs Thai Massage
- I Had A Vaginal Steam And It Was Great!
- The Insider’s Guide to Brazilian Waxes PLUS Get Our VIP Code!
- Why Mobile Spray Tan is the Answer to Your Summer Tan Prayers
- Flossie’s Hottest 5 Salons for 2016
- How to Give The Gift of “Me Time” This Chrissie + WIN!
- How to Get Beauty Appointments When and Where You Want Them