The no makeup selfie has reigned supreme in Instagram for a while now and it’s obvious why… because it’s beautiful, refreshing and (usually) authentic.
And there are a couple of key beauty hacks to ace a no makeup selfie, and here’s our Top 4!
1. Flawless Skin
Beyoncé, J-Lo, Bar Refaeli, Gwyneth Paltrow, Lupita Nyong’o, Cameron Diaz, Nicole Scherzinger, Laverne Cox, Chrissy Teigen, January Jones and Heidi Klum, shine with their flawless skin but we’re guessing this is not without work. As models, singers and actresses, their skin is subject to all kinds of makeup, as well as sleep deprivation with early starts and travel, and no doubt a bunch of stress along the way. But their secrets include drinking loads of water, eating nourishing food, exercising to sweat out the toxins, staying away from fizzy drinks, prioritising sleep, plus nurturing their skin with regular, deep facials that exfoliate and hydrate the skin right into the dermal layers.
HOT TIPS: Get flawless skin with the About Face Skin-Changing Facial, or take it up a notch with the Power of Three.
2. Lush Lashes
Hats off to Kylie Jenner, Kim Kardashian, Salma Hayek, Emily Ratajkowski and Zendaya for owning lush lashes and showing us just how much the eyes are the windows to our souls. Frame your peepers with gorgeous lashes and farewell mascara for good!
3. Brows on Fleek
Megan Fox, Lady Gaga, Joan Smalls, Jennifer Aniston, Cara Delevingne, Cindy Crawford and Sofia Vergara smash this category with brows we just love. And sure, while some are born with it – like Cara who has never plucked a day in her life – but for most it still takes maintenance. Whether growing, shaping, tattooing or tinting you can frame your face with fab-tastic brows.
Adriana Lima, Christy Turlington Burns, Rosie Huntingdon-Whitely, Ciara, Jessica Alba, Gigi and Bella Hadid and Lily Aldridge have kissable smackers that make headlines. And OK, sure, their lips pop thanks to fab genetics, but there’s nothing stopping us from enhancing what we were born with.
HOT TIPS: Exfoliate and moisturise your lips to keen them soft and kissable. Or plump your pout with lip fillers to experience fuller lips.
Want More #flossiefriday Faves?
Get more of our Flossie treatment faves here:
- That Day I Got Mermaid Unicorn Hair
- How To Discover Your Balayage Babeliciousness
- How To Go From Balayage to Platinum Blonde and Look SMOKING!
- How to Refresh Winter Hair Without Getting the Chop
- Celebrity Hair Artist Guy Tang Shares His No. 1 Hair Must-Have
- 5 Myths Of Laser Hair Removal Debunked
- Turn Up The Noise With Super Cali Fragilistic Nail Art!
- What Happened When We Got Botox!!
- Why You Need A Pro Makeup Artist This Summer
- This Facial Will Revolutionise Your Skin Health
- Get The Trending Celeb’s Facial Right Here in New Zealand
- 5 Luxe Moisturisers That Will Save Your Autumn Skin
- 72,000 Reasons Your Bod Needs Thai Massage
- I Had A Vaginal Steam And It Was Great!
- The Insider’s Guide to Brazilian Waxes PLUS Get Our VIP Code!
- Why Mobile Spray Tan is the Answer to Your Summer Tan Prayers
- Flossie’s Hottest 5 Salons for 2016
- How to Give The Gift of “Me Time” This Chrissie + WIN!
- How to Get Beauty Appointments When and Where You Want Them