I was chatting with some gal pals on Saturday night, and of the four of us, two had had laser hair removal. And they raved about it. They both had actually permanent Brazilians, which of course, doesn’t suit everyone, but was ideal for them.
Laser hair removal is not something I’d previously considered, so I thought I’d take a closer look and share it here. And, I have discovered that it’s not the cloak and daggers mystery I thought it was, it’s actually a practical solution to removing any hair that you don’t want and that you don’t want to remove by any other means.
What The Bleep Is It?
MYTH 1: It’s Too Expensive
Wrong! While laser hair removal used to be expensive now it’s not. While one of my gals had hair removal at the time that it was pricey, now when she needs to remove a few strays, it costs around $20-30 per session. When you begin your treatment sessions, some areas are as low as $60 per session. Which is cheap in the scheme of bikini waxes and Brazilians. So before you write it off, get a consultation – you may be surprised!
MYTH 2: It’s Ineffective
Laser hair removal, IPL, and all its iterations, works. It really does! IPL converts from light waves into heat in the pigments of the hair and destroys the hair follicle, so that the hair can no longer grow. Make sure before you seek treatment you get the right one. IPL, for example, is great for olive skin, pale skin, Asian skin, but sometimes electrolysis is more suited for people with black or very dark skin, and those with extremely fair or white hair.
MYTH 3: It’s Painful
Laser hair removal is not painful. If you’ve ever been flicked with a rubber band, then you know how it feels. So think very small sting sensation followed by heat.
MYTH 4: It Takes Too Much Time
Wrong. Did you know that some researchers have estimated that time spent by the average woman shaving, waxing, threading and tweezing across a woman’s lifetime is 72 days in total? That’s crazy. Instead, to permanently remove hair, you’re looking at from 6-12 treatments at around 4-6 weeks apart. Removing hair from your lips and chin area takes only a matter of seconds, the thighs, arms and back can be treated in under an hour. So within less than a year, your hair is gone, gone, gone, and you can reclaim those 72 days!
MYTH 5: It Only Works On Small Areas
Wrong. The technology is so advanced now that it can work on both small and large areas. So laser hair removal is as effective on the face, bikini area, underarms, hands and toes as it is on thighs, arms and the back.
Where To Go?
Now that we’ve busted the myths, what are you waiting for? Our tried and testes faves for getting laser hair removal are:
Want More #flossiefriday Faves?
Get more of our Flossie treatment faves here:
- That Day I Got Mermaid Unicorn Hair
- How To Discover Your Balayage Babeliciousness
- How To Go From Balayage to Platinum Blonde and Look SMOKING!
- How to Refresh Winter Hair Without Getting the Chop
- Celebrity Hair Artist Guy Tang Shares His No. 1 Hair Must-Have
- Turn Up The Noise With Super Cali Fragilistic Nail Art!
- What Happened When We Got Botox!!
- Why You Need A Pro Makeup Artist This Summer
- This Facial Will Revolutionise Your Skin Health
- Get The Trending Celeb’s Facial Right Here in New Zealand
- 72,000 Reasons Your Bod Needs Thai Massage
- I Had A Vaginal Steam And It Was Great!
- The Insider’s Guide to Brazilian Waxes PLUS Get Our VIP Code!
- Why Mobile Spray Tan is the Answer to Your Summer Tan Prayers
- Flossie’s Hottest 5 Salons for 2016
- How to Give The Gift of “Me Time” This Chrissie + WIN!
- How to Get Beauty Appointments When and Where You Want Them