#FASHIONFIX: A ’90s-Inspired Capsule Collection You’ll Want This Autumn
We caught up with The Warehouse fashion buyer for the Garage range, Phoebe Thomas, who shared with us her about to drop limited edition autumn capsule collection. It’s a grunge-inspired, super comfy and flattering as all get out. Plus, it’s perfect for the budget-conscious fashionista.
Phoebe told us her fave fashion follows PLUS why shopping for hot trend items at The Warehouse could be your best fashion discovery yet!
So keep your eyes locked to The Warehouse this March 27 (that’s next Monday, peops!!!) and get in there before I swoop ’em all up!
What’s your fashion background?
I have always been passionate about fashion and retail so when I discovered retail buying as a career I knew that’s what I wanted to do. I am especially passionate about being able to make fashion affordable, which is why I love being the Women’s Fashion Buyer for The Warehouse. I’m a strong believer that fashion and style shouldn’t have to cost an arm and leg and an example is our latest Garage range.
Who are your fave fashion bloggers or ‘grammers and why?
- They All Hate Us – Elle Ferguson and Tash Sefton from They All Hate Us blog have been favourites of mine for years. . They have such an effortless sense of style which doesn’t feel out of reach and is relatable
- Tagwalk – Does an amazing job of capturing street-style looks from around the globe. I always find street style inspirational because it showcases how the latest looks can work into your everyday life as opposed to on the catwalk where they can be daunting.
- Sincerely Jules – Has some great articles on her blog around how to wear different looks. Her Insta account is packed with drool-worthy images at different locations around the globe. Always with Jules perfectly styled (and importantly not over styled) outfits.
- We Wore What – Danielle Bernstein from We Wore What has such an incredible style that’s really evolved over the past few years.
- The Salty Blonde – Hawaiian-based blogger that has the most amazing beach style and is my go to for upcoming summer ranges.
What are your fave trends of the new season and why?
I love that slogan hoodies, tees and mom jeans have made a comeback as part of the ’90s fashion revival. Nineties styling has such a casual street feel yet can still be worn in quite minimalist way.
My other favourite trend, which seems to be getting stronger by the day, is pink! It’s a colour that many people including myself would not have thought to wear, but it’s a trend that’s really taken off. There’s such a range of styling options with pink, and there’s no need to think feminine and pretty – it also has a big role in edgier street style. This season in Garage we’ve got some great pink tees and hoodies with street inspired slogan prints – incorporating my two favourite trends into one.
What’s this season’s absolute must-have piece and why?
Mom jeans! If you don’t have a pair already they’re worth investing in. I honestly thought I wouldn’t break free of my skinnies but now that I’ve worn my mom jeans I can’t bring myself to wear anything else. I prefer a high waisted fit, paired with a cropped top, or top synched at the waist. Plus you can easily wear them casually or dressy. I wear mine with my favourite sneakers and an oversized tee on the weekend or with heels and shirt to work (they are basically my life uniform!).
What can people expect from buying from The Warehouse?
Easy wear street style inspired pieces at an accessible price point. I like to keep Garage styling easy to wear and casual because at the end of the day that’s what us Kiwis love.
Can you give us a hint of what’s coming up for winter?
Expect plenty of trend hoodies and trackies that you’ll be able to wear out of the house without feeling like you’re committing a fashion crime. The Garage capsule range for autumn is full of some great textures and colours with hints of lace, pink velvet, grungy acid washed tees and loose fit denim.
What is your no. 1 fashion hack?
If you’re wearing an oversized top with your jeans/shorts/skirt, tuck it in at the centre front to give you a bit more shape. Doing this also gives your outfit a styled but not too polished look. If you have a favourite belt it also means you can show this off.