A friend of mine stumbled across this perfect little Sushezi Sushi Maker so we took it for a spin (thanks JG)!!
What you will need:
- 2 cups of cooked short grain or sushi rice
- 1 chicken breast (plus marinade: soy sauce, sesame oil, tomato sauce, honey & garlic mix etc) or filling of your choice
- Veges of your choice – we used cucumber & avocado
- Nori (seaweed) sheets
- The Sushezi sushi maker
1. Cook rice as per instructions on packet. To get proper sticky Japanese rice you need to wash and rinse all the starch from the rice, do this by adding water to pot and swirling – you will notice water turns milky, rinse and repeat until water washes clear.
2. Leave rice to sit for 10mins, after this add 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (you can also use white vinegar), a tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp of salt and mix.
3. Cook chicken, prepare vegetables.
There are some very easy instructions to follow included with the Sushezi but it basically entails you adding rice, creating an indent with the shaft, adding your fillings then closing, twisting and pushing out the perfectly rolled sushi.