There’s not a lot more enjoyable than a good slice, but finding a great recipe can be a bit of a mission. Luckily this caramel and white chocolate slice is absolute perfection and a ‘must add’ to your baking repertoire.
As an added bonus, this delicious recipe is super quick to make and only needs 20 minutes in the oven – too easy!
There are three parts to this slice – a textured chocolate base packed with coconut and oats, a homemade caramel filling and a basic white chocolate topping. You can easily whip up this slice while sharing the kitchen with someone else (I did!) or in the ad breaks. The most time consuming part of this recipe is the filling and even that only takes 5 minutes to get ready!
Recipe from The Australian Women’s Weekly – Squares and Slices
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 90g butter, melted
- One can sweetened condensed milk (395g)
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 30g butter, cubed
- One block white chocolate (250g)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and line your pan.
- Process oats until finely chopped. In a medium bowl, combine oats with flour and cocoa.
- Stir in sugar, coconut and melted butter until well combined.
- Press mixture evenly into base of pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine condensed milk, golden syrup and butter in small saucepan. While continuously stirring, bring to boil until thickened (approx. 5 minutes). Pour over base and baker for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate either in double-boiler or in microwave. Add vegetable oil and stir until well combined.
- Pour over cooled slice and place in fridge for 30 minutes or until set.
Tip: before slicing, hold your knife under hot water for 10 seconds or so to heat up the blade. Quickly dry it, then cut the slice into squares – the warmed blade makes it much easier to cut through the chocolate and minimises cracking.
High Tea with Dragons