Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Tatua ready whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whole or skim milk
- 110 grams bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract *adult version substitute with little peppermint schnapps instead
- a pinch of salt
- 4 peppermint candy *garnish only, don’t sweat over it too much if you can’t find any
1.In a saucepan, combine milk, sugar, and salt over medium-low heat.
2.When the mixture just begins to boil, add the chopped chocolate, and stir, until melted. Stir in the peppermint.
3.Divide the hot chocolate among mugs and top with whipped cream, crushed peppermint candy, and chocolate shaving.
Tip: If you want frothy hot chocolate. Put hot chocolate in a french press coffee maker and move the plunger up a few times before pouring.