Sometimes you just need a decadent, chocolate smothered treat but your standard choc biccies just won’t do. Luckily I’ve found the answer – amazingly devilish Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup stuffed Oreos!
I spotted this idea over on Recipe Boy a few weeks ago and knew it was something I just had to try. The concept is simple – cut an Oreo in half, chuck a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup inside and dip in chocolate for a mega-indulgent-super-treat.
I made a few minor tweaks to the recipe as I was making them – here’s what I did:
- Separate the two sides of an Oreo cookie using a sharp knife. This leaves you with one iced and one non-iced side – this didn’t bother me, so I used one cookie per treat.
- Break a block of good quality chocolate into pieces and melt. Add a teaspoon of oil to the chocolate and mix until well combined*
- Drop a small blob of chocolate onto one of the separated Oreos. Unwrap a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup and place on the cookie, using the chocolate to lightly hold the pieces together.
- Place a drop of chocolate on the top of the Peanut Butter Cup and press the other Oreo cookie piece on top.
- Roll the sides of the stuffed Oreo in the chocolate, making sure it’s entirely covered. Turn it over and dip the bottom, then the top before placing on a sheet of baking paper.
- Smooth any gaps in the chocolate (left from where you held it while dipping) and decorate with a sprinkle of hundreds-and-thousands. Place in the fridge to set.
* Why add oil? I know it sounds gross but the oil thins the chocolate and lengthens setting time making it much better for dipping!
I must confess, the finished product were amazing! Despite not liking Oreos myself, the peanut buttery-ness of them made them totally Moorish. Plus they look pretty cute – wouldn’t they look amazing stacked on a dessert table?
High Tea with Dragons