To celebrate SPCA Cupcake Day on August 29 (that’s next week) Katie and I went along to a Milly’s Kitchen cupcake decorating class and learnt how to make these super cute hedgehog cupcakes!
You’d be surprised how easy, mess free and quick they are to whip up. Just follow these six simple steps in my how to videos below and you’ll be a pro in no time. (PS. Sorry about the amateur footage).
What you need?
- 1 x 233 Icing Tip available from Milly’s for $6.10.
- 2 x icing bags (I use these disposable ones.)
- A dozen cupcakes. Stuck for a recipe? Try our fave vanilla one here.
- 1 x batch of butter cream icing (divide it into three bowls to make green, chocolate and black icing).
- 1 x bag of Hershey’s Kisses
- 1 x bag of Cadbury Snowballs
- Green food colouring
- Black food colouring
Step one: Fill the icing bag.
Step two: Mow the grass.
Step three: Build the hedgehog.
Step four: Work those spikes.
Step five: Icing on top.
Step six: Final touches.
Enjoy – these babies are guaranteed to impress!
The SPCA Cupcake Day is on Monday August 29 and you can support this campaign in two ways by baking or eating cupcakes! If you’d like to register to bake up a storm click here. Otherwise keep your eyes peeled for a sweet treat on Monday.
Did you find the video how tos helpful?
Are you baking for the SPCA Cupcake Day?