A delicious, nutritious dinner packed full of goodness and Asian flavours.
6 large dried shiitake mushrooms
2 tsp peanut oil
1 1/2 c thinly sliced cabbage
1tsp minced ginger
1 sp minced garlic
7 spring onions; 6 halved lengthwise and cut on diagonal into 5cm lengths, 1 chopped
3 tsp soy sauce
200g thin Chinese egg noodles
1/4 cup oriental sesame oil
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sugar
2 hard-boiled egg; 1 thinly sliced, 1 chopped for garnish
1/2 cup coriander
1) Place mushrooms in bowl; add enough boiling water to cover and let stand until mushrooms soften (45 minutes). Drain, then cut off stems and discard. Thinly slice caps.
2) Heat peanut oil in a heavy large wok or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cabbage, ginger, garlic, and mushrooms. Stir-fry until cabbage wilts (2 minutes). Add 5cm spring onion pieces; toss until green tops begin to wilt (30 seconds). Remove from heat, then mix in 1 tsp soy sauce.
3) Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain well; place in large bowl.
4) Whisk sesame oil, lemon juice, rice vinegar and sugar, and 2 tsp soy sauce in small bowl. Add to noodles.
5) Add sliced eggs, 1/4 cup coriander, and cabbage mixture; toss to blend well.
6) Season with salt and pepper.
7) Sprinkle salad with remaining spring onions, chopped egg, and coriander and serve.