If you’re after something healthy, tasty and filling for lunches, then these mini frittatas fit the bill. They’re high in protein and gluten free. Simply serve with a large side salad and one or two of these frittatas is the perfect healthy lunch.
Makes 7-8 mini frittatas
- 1/4 cup pumpkin chopped into small dice sized cubes
- 6 large free range eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped oregano
- 4 canned baby beetroot, chopped in quarters
Lightly grease 8 standard size muffin tin holes. Place the cubes of pumpkin in a microwave safe bowl. Add a tablespoon of water and microwave for 4-5 minutes. Carefully drain the water out and set aside. In another bowl, beat the eggs with a wisk until well mixed. Add the spinach, cheese, milk, sundried tomatoes and herbs and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into standard sized muffin trays so they are just over half full. Add the pumpkin cubes and beetroot evenly in each muffin tin.
Cook at 180 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy! Nicola, Eat Well NZ