Everyone knows the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. So this Father’s Day treat Dad to this scrumptious dinner and you’ll be promoted to best daughter before he can say “pass the spuds”.
Your one-stop-meat-shop for Father’s Day should be Meat Cuisine. Terry and the team offer New Zealand’s finest meat delivered direct to your door.
Visit www.meatcuisine.co.nz to order now!
Plus, purchase pork from Meat Cuisine before September 6 2012 and you could win a dinner for six valued at $5000 at one of NZ’s top restaurants! Find out how to enter here!
But if you’re unable to cook Dad a delicious meal this Father’s Day, how about sending him a special meat pack from Meat Cuisine instead? Order Dad a meat pack here.
- 1 (1-1.5 kg) boneless pork roast from Meat Cuisine
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place roast in crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices and transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine corn flour and water until smooth. Then gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice roast and serve with gravy and mashed potatoes.
Make sure you tune in to see celebrity chef Julie Le Clerc cooking up some of Meat Cuisine’s meat this Sunday at 5pm on TV3’s Cafe Secrets.