Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past year, you’ll of heard something along the lines of the popular beauty phenomenon, hair oil. Moroccan Oil ring any bells?
Good news – we’re here to help fill in any gaps you may have. Plus we’ve found a new-to-market serum that promises Moroccan Oil results at a fraction of the price. We’re talking under $10!
Introducing the new Dove Nutri-Oil Serum. This little nugget of gold is proven to…
- reduce frizz by sealing hair cuticles
- leave no greasiness (it’s weightless)
- eliminate rough and dry ends
- perform as good as the Moroccan Oil original treatment* (we, of course, need to disclaimer this comment, but there’s evidence to back up the claim. See below.)
Let’s be honest, who doesn’t want hair like Kate Hudson (#hairenvy) that’s stronger, shinier & smoother but won’t cost an arm and a leg? So basically, Dove’s Nutri-Oil Serum is your new BFF.
We ask a lot of our hair (colouring, curling, blow-drying, brushing, teasing, straightening…) especially when it’s technically already dead. Eeep. So when your locks are looking a little lack luster, and feeling dry and brittle that’s where hair oil can come in.
Here are our top ten tips and tricks for using hair oil…
- Prep your hair with hair oil before blow-drying to help create a smooth finish (plus it helps detangle – perfect for the kiddies)
- Work it through damp hair before styling to act as a heat protectant
- Only use a fingernail size amount of oil on your hair at a time – there’s only so much oil your hair can absorb, you’ll end up washing the rest out.
- Apply the oil to the lengths and tips of your hair – not the roots
- The oil is filling in the holes on the shaft of your hair (to use a road analogy – think of it as re-sealing pot holes). This A. creates a flat surface so your hair can reflect light and be shiny. And B. locks the protein inside your hair to keep it looking healthy
- Use hair oil (sparingly) post styling for a glossy finish and to tame fly-aways
- Got curls? Use hair oil to de-frizz your locks
- Prevention is the best strategy – apply it to your tips regularly to keep hair in a happy and healthy condition
- For beach hair or the perfectly-formed-yet-messy-bed-hair look work a small amount of hair oil through your freshly made curls to break them up
- Lastly, next time you’re in the kitchen whipping up a stir fry, add a little… just kidding!
Dove’s new Nutri-Oil Serum is a member of the Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Range available
now at supermarkets nationwide for $8.17.
Dove’s secret for its ‘weightless’ finish? Daniel Mullette, Dove’s Research and Development expert, explained this to me at a recent launch. Unlike pure oils this serum combines all the best bits from Coconut, Almond and Sunflower oil so you get all the good bits aka “all the conditioning efficacy of oil”, but in a light-weight formula.
What’s your hair oil tip?
Will you be trying the Dove Nutri-Oil Serum?
* Shine and Smoothness, Dove Nourishing Oil Serum vs Moroccan Oil Treatment