I jumped at the chance to try out the new player in permanent hair straightening with L’Oréal Professionnel X-tenso Moisturist, if you know me or know my hair you will know why and if you haven’t seen the mane I sport on a daily basis there’s before and afters to follow…
Colour me sceptical when I went in to this but my hair is very curly, wavy and frizzy all in one and on a day to day basis is a struggle to manage so I questioned whether this treatment would actually work on me. Turns out I was actually the perfect candidate. I wear my hair straight 90% of the time as it tames it and looks more professional for work etc. Aside from this because of the nature of my hair once it’s tied up it’s got that horrid kink in it until I wash it out. And on top of that…I have to wear it long because otherwise it is just an out of control boofy mess. My hair has always been a constant struggle, the process of washing, blow drying, straightening my hair used to take me around an hour and a half – that is some MASSIVE planning I have to do in my life daily and weekly!
So with all this a top my head I walked in to Servilles Mission Bay on Easter Thursday hoping my dreams would come true and 3 hours later left probably the happiest I’ve ever been with my hair, in.my.life.
How It Works:
1. Your hair is washed thoroughly of all dirt then blow dried
2. L’Oréal Professionnel X-tenso Moisturist is applied to your dry hair in sections. This is left on for around 20mins or so and each section is washed out as it was put on. This part of the process is working to break down the bonds of your hair so that they can be re-shaped in the following steps
3. Your hair is washed out again and then blow dried and styled to your desire. I was under the impression at first this would be more like a de-frizzer but you can actually style your hair as to how you wish, slight wave, slight curl at the bottom, curly etc or my option – just straight please!
4. Once styled to perfection L’Oréal Professionnel X-tenso Moisturist Smoothing Cream is then added to your hair and you must remain still for 10mins for this to set your hair and reform the bonds
5. Your hair is washed out once again but ta-da this time it’s perfectly straight when wet and with a quick run through of the blow dryer is done within 10mins
Ok well I thought… that’s all very good and fine that it looks this good since I’ve just walked out of the hairdressers but I had a few tests in mind to see whether it would actually hold up:
Thursday night at work in a busy, very humid & hot club
Usually: Hair = tied up because it’s so humid it’s started to frizz away from it’s straightness
Now: Hair stays out all night and is still as straight as a whistle when I finish at 5am
Thursday night after work sleep
Usually: Wake up with frizzy hair or just a complete birds nest
Now: Hair is still actually completely straight even after I’ve tossed and turned all night, I ran a comb through it once and it looked immaculate
Tuesday morning – self wash & blowdry
Usually: Would never have time to do this in the morning, I would have to wash in the morning, leave to dry all day and then spend about an hour straightening in the evening
Now: Washed fine, was straight when wet and it took me 10mins to blow dry it to perfection after my shower.
Can you say total convert???
Ranging between $350 – $500 for the full treatment this is going to set you back a bit, but it lasts until your hair grows out so in reality you would probably only need to do this once, maybe twice a year. I honestly don’t know how I’m going to live without it being like this, it has made my life so much easier and I no longer have this love/hate relationship with my hair, I just love it. I dream of summer when I wont have to worry about it being frizzy and it being so easy to control and being able to swim when I want to because I can just wash it after. I have fallen in love.
Book in for a free consult at a Servilles near you www.servilles.co.nz