I’m normally somewhat skeptical when it comes to facials as I never really see a big difference, however I took my incredulous self down to Caci Medispa in Ponsonby and was treated to an AHA facial by the lovely Michelle. I was totally blown away by the results. In fact, during the course of the afternoon I had it done I had three people comment on how “flawless” my skin looked. So worth it!
AHA stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acid. Don’t be put off by the thought of burning acid; glycolic acid is derived from fruit and used specifically to treat aging or sun damaged skin.
- You get to lie down on a comfy bed (off to a good start) and begin by having your skin thoroughly cleansed and toned
- The AHA solution is applied and massaged for a couple minutes. It feels a bit ‘prickly’ but its not unpleasant
- The solution is then washed off and a serum is applied, followed by a moisturizer
What did I notice?
- My skin tone was a lot more even and healthy looking (brighter and clean-looking)
- My pores are so much smaller!
- My skin is incredibly soft and smooth
How does it work?
- Our body naturally removes dead skin cells on the surface of the skin
- However, over time or in periods of stress etc this process becomes less effective, leading to a build up of dead skin cells
- AHAs loosen up the bindings that hold surface skin cells together, which forces the dead skin cells to be removed, revealing new healthy skin underneath
Why would I want one?
- Used to calm oily or acne prone skin
- More cost effective than laser treatment and less abrasive than chemical peels
- Great even for sensitive skins
The AHA treatment takes about 30 minutes and costs $98.
Caci Medispa Ponsonby 342 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby or http://www.ponsonby.caci.co.nz/