The fabulously wonderful fashion guru Gok Wan, otherwise known as your Fairy Gok Mother, is back in NZ this week to share his style magic with us!
Gok hosted three shows across Auckland as part of the Westfield Style Tour to help make woman feel confident about making great fashion choices.
If you missed the shows don’t fret! We also had the amazing opportunity of asking Gok for all his little style secrets for the season! So let’s go…
Gok’s five staples YOU should have in your wardrobe this winter:
- A beautiful pair of fitted warm trousers
- A fitted single or double breasted blazer
- A double breasted pencil skirt
- A Macintosh (This is a waterproof coat here in NZ),
- Thin but warm knit wear.
Gok’s Top Trends for the season:
- Structured tailoring
- 40’s glamour (Think Audrey Hepburn - skirted suits with over-the-knee pencil skirts, high-waist pleated or A-line skirts, fitted jackets with oversized shoulders and accentuated waists, wide-leg trousers and bow-blouses, fedora hats and berets & trench coats)
- Placement prints
- Colour blocking and floral clash.
Lots of woman have the attitude “I could NEVER pull that off”. Here’s what Gok says to that….
Give it a go you might surprise yourself! But if there was one fashion item that should be forever banned it’s print leggings! Not for me or any of my girls!
Last, but not least here’s Gok’s favourite things…
- Eat - Chinese food
- Buy - Bags
- Entertain - Opera
- People - Too many to choose from- I’m very lucky!
- Place - NZ you silly little biscuit!
- Know - It’s not what you know, it’s what you’re wearing when you know it.
Gok’s also just launched the Westfield Body Shape Calculator a new online application to help you understand your body shape and how to choose the perfect pieces for your figure. Check it out here!