Hand on my heart, I’m a gadget girl. I love technology, innovations and gadgets. But I’m also a girl, who loves shoes, lip gloss and the like. So when I come across technology and innovations that enhance my wardrobe and beauty cabinet, I’m
pretty much in seventh heaven…
pretty much in seventh heaven…
And I know you guys are pretty much in the same boat – which is why I’m thrilled to announce that the gadgets you’ve seen this morning on Breakfast can be yours!
- One lucky reader the chance to design her own pair of Shoes of Prey
- Another will walk away with her own undetecta belt
- And we’ve also got 15 pairs of the Jockey No Panty Line Promise to giveaway as well!
Check out Tee chatting with Paul on Breakfast this morning:
Never be stuck without the perfect pair of shoes again – whether you’re a diehard fashionista, creative type or a bride on the hunt for the shoes to match the dress of your dreams, Shoes of Prey will be your go-to site.
The brain child of a talented Aussie entrepreneurial trio, Shoes of Prey came about when Jodie Fox (self confessed shoe-aholic) managed to convince her husband Michael Fox and friend Mike Knapp (ex Google) to do something ‘useful’ with their programming talents and develop a bespoke shoe designing software system. The result? A fun, user-friendly interface that allows you to create up to 30 trillion different shoes by customising your heel height, shoe style, type of leather, colour, decorations and more, then having them built and shipped to your door. Heaven!
WIN: Head over to www.shoesofprey.com and have a play around. Once you’ve created your favourite design, upload it to our nzgirl on Facebook page (either take a screenshot or click purchase and then right click on the finalised design and save the image). Then, we’ll pick one lucky design as our winner and you will have your own shoe created just for you! You must be an nzgirl member to be eligible for this prize.
2: The invisible wardrobe extender
Innovation: undetectaBELT From: Australia
RRP: $AU29.99, special nzgirl $10 shipping rate for up to 3 belts.
On first glance, you might be mistaken for thinking the undetecta belt was just that, another belt. But in actual fact, this clear, adjustable belt with a flat clasp, with its multitude of uses almost make it a wardrobe essential.
A common theme, innovation borne from ingenuity, Aussie duo Louisa Sparks and Kerry ‘Frankie’ Islin sourced the undetecta belt to help tackle common wardrobe dilemmas such as:
- Jeans/pants that won’t stay up or baggy waistbands. No more bunching, no more gaping back of your pants. The undetectaBELT holds them up, without a bulky belt buckle bulge to distract from your svelte silhouette.
- Pregnancy/maternity wardrobe wear – the expandable size 6-19 belt, keeps up with your growing tummy. Also good for those between sizes or on a weightloss regime.
- Frequent flyers stung by airport metal detectors – no more standing to the side for a pat down after your belt sets of the detectors.
WIN: We’ve got one undetectaBELT to giveaway to an nzgirl reader. Simply click ‘I Want to Win’ at the bottom of the page and tell us why you need to win.
3: Now you see it, now you don’t. Banish VPL from your wardrobe!
Innovation: Jockey Next Generation No Panty Line Promise Briefs From: New Zealand
RRP: From $NZ24.95
Stockist: Available in Farmers and Leading Department Stores nationwide. Call 0800 800 390 for your nearest stockist.
Face it ladies – avoiding VPL has traditionally meant resorting to a g-string, or going commando. After splurging on a glamourous LBD, the last thing you want to worry about it discomfort or an unforgiving underwear line.
Jockey’s designer, Tessa Benham, has created the Jockey Next Generation No Panty Line Promise briefs with a clever new design to ensures your briefs stay in place, all day long, significantly reducing the dreaded VPL – and there’s no g-string in sight!
Tessa removed seams and bumpy elastic – instead, she applied a thin layer of skin-sensitive silicon straight to the leg edge, to hug the body and ensure your briefs won’t bunch or ride. These are seriously good briefs – they are so comfy on, the thin strips of silicon mould to your bottom and they don’t move, all day! Perfect for under your LBD, under office wear or even under those unforgiving yoga pants!
WIN: We’ve got 15 pairs of Jockey Next Generation No Panty Line Promise to giveaway. Click here to find out more.
4: Customised, kissable lips
Innovation: Smashbox O Glow and O Gloss From: America
They’re calling it intuitive lip gloss – a combination of microcirculating Goji Berry-C Complex, ginkgo biloba, pomegranate seed antioxidants, revitalizing marine botanicals and moisturizing avocado oil all work together to create a glamourous lip gloss that personalizes itself to your own indivudalised shade of pink or red! o-Gloss goes on clear and then the formula reacts with your the pH of your lips and thanks to a dye inside, goes a shade of pink/red which is different for everyone.
Thanks to the Avocado oil, the gloss is moisturising and has a nice light shine to it – not too sticky or gloopy. I’m a big fan of the finished colour to, similar to a ‘flushed’ look, and have been complimented many times on the shade of my lip gloss. As with the Shoes of Prey creations, there’s something neat about being able to say it’s customised just for you!
Also comes in a lip plumping version, as well as O-Glow, a cheek glow/blush and O-Bronze.
WIN: We’ve got 10 Smashbox O-Gloss lipglosses to giveaway. Simply click ‘I Want to Win’ at the bottom of the page and tell us why you need to win.
Don’t forget, there are three chances to win one of 17 prizes!
- WIN: Head over to www.shoesofprey.com and have a play around. Once you’ve created your favourite design, upload it to our nzgirl on Facebook page (either take a screenshot or click purchase and then right click on the finalised design and save the image). Then, we’ll pick one lucky design as our winner and you will have your own shoe created just for you! You must be an nzgirl member to be eligible for this prize.
- WIN: We’ve got 15 pairs of Jockey Next Generation No Panty Line Promise to giveaway. Click here to find out more.
- WIN: We’ve got one undetectaBELT to giveaway to an nzgirl reader. Simply click ‘I Want to Win’ at the bottom of the page and tell us why you need to win.
- WIN: We’ve got 10 Smashbox O-Gloss lipglosses to giveaway. Simply click ‘I Want to Win’ at the bottom of the page and tell us why you need to win.
All competitions close April 14 2010.