Why You Should Go To A Pro
I thought I was a OK applying my makeup for both night and day. I’m nowhere near the league, skills, training or artistry of a professional makeup artist, but I think I can make myself look good. So when it comes time to splash the cash and paying for makeup application by a pro for a night out, I think naaaah, I can do this. WRONG!
After what happened recently, I’ll be thinking again.
That day that @flossiedotcom and @graysoncoutts made nzgirl @belindajnash look like a super model!!!! PLUS we've got an awesome Grayson X Flossie makeup special for YOU!!! Just click the link in our bio and jump into this summer's must have!!!! . . . . . . . . . #beauty #beautyblogger #nzbloggers #nz #fashionblogger #fashionbloggers #beautybloggers # #igers #igersnz #igersauckland #igaddict #ignation #newzealand #cosmetics #fashionblogger #getflossied #gotflossied #graysoncoutts#smashboxcosmetics
Before & After
I went to the very experienced and highly talented Grayson Coutts (pictured below) thanks to the gals at Flossie. Grayson is one of the very best artists in the New Zealand makeup scene and is regularly called in for the big gigs like the VNZMAs and Fashion Week.
Which got me thinking about creating this post. But after thinking about it, however, I wanted more than just a bare face compared to Grayson’s makeup wizardry – because that would always be a remarkable transformation. What I wanted was to see how what I thought was a good makeup application for a night out by me compared to Grayson’s professional application.
And oh boy – what a huge difference!
The three photos below really showcase what a professional compared to an amateur makeup application can do.
- The first image is of my version of a smoky eye (and believe me, at 11am on a Tuesday morning after Labour Weekend, I really thought I’d caked it on!).
- The second image is my entirely cleaned face (bearing in mind that I have lash extensions and tattooed brows, so it’s less undone than your face probably would be).
- The final image is after Grayson Coutts worked his 15 magic brushes with a kajillion top quality makeup products applied with his many years of artistry and skill.
What strikes me most is how matt and flawless my skin is, and the choice of lip colour, which was far superior to my own choice. And of course the eyes!
Those eyes are not only incredible, they lasted for another 12 hours, whereas I know from experience, my own makeup has died a death by then (or is sitting somewhere around my chin!).
Some of the key products Grayson used were:
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Gorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
- Smashbox Don’t Be Dull Lavender Color Correction
- Smashbox L.A. Lights Blush and Highlight
- Ardell Lashes
- Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick Neutral Rose ‘Audition’ – a nude Kylie Jenner-inspired lip colour
- Guerlain Météorites pearl glow powder
- Dermablend Setting Powder
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water to set the look all day
So lessoned learned: When I want to look smoking, going to Grayson is definitely worth paying for!
nzgirl X Flossie X Grayson
It’s nearly summer and there are no doubt so many events where you’ll be wanting to look your absolute best. Whether it’s the races, your work Christmas party, weddings or big birthdays you can look like a superstar. Or if you want to treat someone, like a new mum who’s forgotten what makeup is!
So nzgirl and Flossie and Grayson Coutts have huddled together to find you an epic deal… and here it is:
If you book here with Flossie using this link on your smartphone your amazing special occasion makeup will cost just $80 PLUS you’ll receive amazing professional Ardell Lashes worth $15 absolutely free.
Trust me, your face will love you for it!
Want More #flossiefriday Faves?
Get more of our Flossie treatment faves here:
- How To Go From Balayage to Platinum Blonde and Look SMOKING!
- How to Refresh Winter Hair Without Getting the Chop
- Get The Trending Celeb’s Facial Right Here in New Zealand
- What Happened When We Got Botox!!
- Why You Need A Pro Makeup Artist This Summer
- The Insider’s Guide to Brazilian Waxes PLUS Get Our VIP Code!
- Why Mobile Spray Tan is the Answer to Your Summer Tan Prayers
- Flossie’s Hottest 5 Salons for 2016
- How to Give The Gift of “Me Time” This Chrissie + WIN!
- How to Get Beauty Appointments When and Where You Want Them
And here’s a gallery of pics from Grayson’s amazing makeup studio in Herne Bay, Auckland starring the gorgeous Yoshi Bear, who you’ll instantly fall in love with!!!